Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Six Weeks!

SIX WEEKS!! Doing a dance! I am now able to carry things that weigh more than Sawyer. This is good because I want to organize the basement and that involves moving boxes. I also want to work in my closet area where some of my books are stored. That involves moving HEAVY boxes. It also means that I can work out. I really want to go for a run today, but I need to see what Dean plans on doing around 5:30. I can also go on the longest roller blade adventure of my life. Of course, I have to find somewhere to roller blade. I don't consider rolling around the tennis court exactly an adventure. Which brings me to TENNIS! I have a tennis court located to the side of my house. Dean needs to learn how to play. Tennis is good because its a two person sport. We just need to be wary of Mr. Sawyer when we play. I also need to reflate my basketball because there are basketball hoops located on the tennis court as well. Unfortunately, none of these sports are volleyball. I need, need to find a volleyball league around here. I haven't played since May. It's driving me nuts. I'd settle for coaching, but that'll need to at least need to wait until next year. I'd also settle for sand, but sand is not nearly as wonderful as court. Watching Olympic volleyball absolutely drove me crazy.

It's hard to believe that Sawyer is SIX weeks old. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. Granted, our life has kind of been a whirlwind of activities since (and before) his appearance. I have a feeling though that life doesn't exactly slow down when you have a child...

Sawyer has been sleeping pretty well during the night except last night. He woke up at 2 and ate. Then he decided sleeping was for the birds. He also didn't want to be in his crib. So, we went downstairs and sat in MY comfy new recliner/rocker and rocked to sleep. He finally fell asleep around 4. Needless to say, this mama is TIRED today!

I took a picture of him right before bath time last night. He was a pretty content little guy. I'm very glad he was covered by that burp rag though. While I was taking the picture, he decided to give himself a "bath". He got to FaceTime Nana and Grandaddy before bath time. After bath time, he decided we needed to Skype Grannypooh and Grandpappy. It was a wonderful evening!



Hugs and Kisses from Norlina!


No comments:

Post a Comment