Monday, September 17, 2012

Schedules

As many of you know, I like schedules and routine. My whole day is thrown off if my morning routine isn't just so. Well, living with other people for a month did that. Moving to a new home did that.  Not having a "day" job did that. Having a baby REALLY did that. Needless to say, with everyone gone and things settling down into some semblance of normal, I'm finally getting a schedule back--albeit, not the one I was used to.

Today we're also starting a routines and schedules with Sawyer. I read an awesome article (very well written) about schedules, babies, and what the mama did with her three girls (all of whom were sleeping 8 hours a night by week 8 and 10 hours by week 12--I should be so lucky. I'm not holding my breath.).

This is what Sawyer's new schedule looks like.

7am--wake up/change diaper/ eat num-nums/ STAY awake and play
8:30--nap
10am--wake up/change diaper/ eat num-nums/ STAY awake and play
11:30--nap
1pm--wake up/change diaper/ eat num-nums/ STAY awake and play
2:30--nap
4pm--wake up/change diaper/ eat num-nums/ STAY awake and play
5:30--nap
7pm--wake up/change diaper/ eat num-nums/ STAY awake and play/ Bath time
10pm--eat num-nums/ go to bed (sleep through the night?)

We'll see if it works. I'll admit. Today already didn't start as planned. He'll be going to bed a little later than 10. Sawyer had a tummy ache this morning. He wouldn't take his first nap. So I tried having him lay on me to sleep. That worked, but by this point it was already almost 10. Furthermore, his sleep was really restless and around 11 kept crying out in his sleep. I felt helpless. I knew he didn't feel good. I let him sleep until 11:30. Needless to say, it's 1:36. He should be awake right now, but he's sleeping. I'll wake him up at 2:30.

I'd also like to point out that this schedule works out really well with the church schedule. :)

Here's a picture of a fantastic bib that Margaret got at the LWML conference (I think?).

Hugs and Kisses from Norlina!!

2 comments:

  1. Rarely do little ones do things as YOU plan. However they do thrive on routine (not time tables). I remember one little girl who would throw terrible temper tantrums if the schedule wasn't just right. Had to brush teeth before a bed time story...or was it the other way round. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. True fact. Flexibility in routine as long as the pattern is the same. We intend on saying reading a book and Compline right before the 10pm feeding. We'll see how it all works out. He got super fussy right before 4 so I put him down 10 minutes early. I think he was really tired. He went right to sleep.

    ReplyDelete