Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hills

I learned how to run in "northern" Southern Illinois. We don't know what hills are. I know what an overpass is.........

I think I ran the direction of the overpass maybe once. The rest of the time I ran toward flat land (although Mom still calls that direction a hill, but that's another story). When we lived in Overland, I ran in the neighborhood which was conveniently a circle with one hill. I ALWAYS ran in the downhill direction. I don't like hills.

Well, as most of you know, I had a baby! Surprise! That means I haven't run in oh...9ish months. It also means I'm still carrying around more weight than I'm used to. Did I mention I hate hills? In comes North Carolina.... didja know there are hills in North Carolina? In BOTH directions!?!?! I suppose it'll force me to be a better runner, but yeesh, I hate hills. Needless to say, my twenty-five minute run turned into a five minute run followed by a twenty minute walk. Oh well. I'll get used to it. At least Dudly and I still enjoyed ourselves!!

While hills aren't much fun to run up, they ARE really pretty.



Down the road...

 Across and down a bit from the cemetery...
What I saw when I turned the other direction...



OK...the last one I didn't take on my run, but he's still beautiful!!!


Hugs and Kisses from Norlina!


1 comment: